Friday 29 April 2011

A royal wedding hat fest

Oh boy did I have fun watching the wedding this morning. Firstly the bride and groom looked stunning and everyone looked really happy. It was a beautiful ceremony and it was great fun watching everyone arrive and leave.

But more importantly the HATS. Oh my word they were fantastic!!!

Kate's done so much for hats in this country - it's wonderful to see a young woman wearing so many beautiful hats and she wears them so well. It's only right that there should be so many beautiful ones at her wedding.

There's a good photo gallery at Vogue here which captures a lot of the outfits. Not my favourite one though...there was a beautiful simple grey dress with a fantastically clean lined hat and I have no idea who it was on - I've been searching for hours but I cannot find it! If anyone can help I'd love to see another picture - I'm pretty sure I saw it while the 'lesser' royals were arriving...

Either that or I'd love to be a bridesmaid in Pippa's dress...

I was so excited by hats watching it that I had to make a little something while I was watching (well, I never can sit still) so here's a little fascinator inspired by the royal wedding, in a nice regal purple.




No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* GOOGLE ANALYTICS - tracking code */