Thursday 20 May 2010

27 Dresses

It’s been a while since I last set myself a sewing challenge (since I bought a coat from Karen Millen and challenged myself not to buy any clothes for a year to fund it and to make everything I needed. That worked great and I made it to the end, but then had such a big blow-out in Top Shop that in effect it was all for nothing!)

So, one week from today I turn 27. I’ve been excited about this one for years – 27 seems to be a very interesting year – it’s when all the rock stars die for one (Brian Jones, Jimi Hendrix, Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, and Kurt Cobain to start with and wow look there’s a whole Wikipedia page devoted to it).

Let’s have a challenge related to this auspicious age then? The first thing that jumped to mind is 27 Dresses. I must admit I haven’t actually seen this film, (maybe because I’m bitter than I’ve NEVER been a bridesmaid and probably never will), but the title works well – it’s got 27 and it’s got dresses (which I’m LOVING at the moment). And 27 dresses in a year is just over one a fortnight – that sounds reasonable...(is it bad that I know I’ll be cursing this 6 months down the line?)

I might even watch the film at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
/* GOOGLE ANALYTICS - tracking code */